These are so simple you probably could look at them and know how to make them but just in case...
- several pieces of plain 5x7 cardstock (I happen to have tons of thick art paper laying around so I used that. Any thick paper is fine.)
- sewing machine loaded with thread (I used hot pink on the top and white on the bobbin so it would blend in with the paper more.)
- scrap fabric
- washi tape (I got mine here)
- Fold each paper in half.
- Unfold so that you only sew on one side of the card.
- Take scrap fabric and place on card in intended position.
- When sewing on paper it's important to use a thicker needle and adjust your machine's tension before sewing. My machine is set at a 4, but each machine is different.
- Leave ends loose for a more organic feel. I didn't worry about back-stitching because it'll most likely get thrown away once it's read, it's just for the initial look.
- Write sentiment on front and inside!
- Seal envelope with washi tape to complete the look!