Pages

Life & Social Skills

Neely turned two.
I didn't write a big flowery emotional post because I didn't feel it. With party planning and living life I haven't found the energy to write anything worth reading.
I can't tell you how many times I've sat down to type out a blog entry only to save it as a draft or delete it.
I just can't seem to muster the mental patience to sit and write.
I don't really think that blogging is my thing at the moment. I don't care if I have a lot of followers (the ones I have are the exact ones I want) and I don't want to put forth any effort in it.
Such a change from a month or two ago.
I am tired.
Also, I am trying to not be addicted to being online.
I keep taking Facebook off of my phone then putting it back on.
Today I removed most of my albums from public view. I just feel like Facebook is too invasive and also like I have been posting too many pictures on there.
I am going to keep my Instagram mostly separate from Facebook from now on.


A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.
Truman Capote

Another thing that has been plaguing me is lack of consideration in most people.
I was telling Brett last night that being socially graceful is not that hard. You ask people questions about themselves and, if they have social skills, they will in turn ask you about yourself. This is how you share ideas and, if necessary, problems. It's called a conversation.
Trouble is most people either don't care or don't realize that no one wants to listen to you talk about yourself for an hour. Plus, that's just plain rude. No one is that interesting.
So please, everyone, start caring about others.
Even if you're just talking to them online. It matters.
I think it would be cool if everyone can choose their 5 favorite people and this week make a huge effort in being interested and being deliberate in their friendships.
That's my plan at least.

Also, just be in the moment.
I think the word deliberate is exactly what I need written all over my house.
Deliberate in my mothering, loving Brett, cleaning, being a friend, eating and exercising.


No comments:

Post a Comment