Pages

one thousand gifts

So I was finally able to get One Thousand Gifts from the library.
I had seen it on several Instagram feeds and have heard it's life-changing. I had no idea what it was about except about being grateful. I didn't even know it was a Christian book.
From the second I started it my soul felt an awakening.
I feel excited, inspired, happy.
I have read the most mind-blowing, life-changing quotes.
"Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one. And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time's swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here. I can slow the torrent by being all here. I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment."
It's gems like that and hundreds of others that caused me to buy the book yesterday. My book is now full of highlighted passages and I am so grateful that I happened to have the right amount of cash in my wallet to pay for it.
I have the app and now I will keep track of my list on my blog (I'll update it every now and then).
I have started repurposing a book for use as a gratitude journal instead of the app because I want to touch and feel and glue pictures in it and never ever forget one little thing.
(the tutorial I used is found here, I already made one for use as my daily journal and since making this book I have written 99% more in it than any other journal I've had lately.)
I will most likely post more about it but for now, my mind is growing, and my list is getting longer.
I'M EXCITED ABOUT LIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment