Pages

Fall

via
Maybe it's because coastal San Diego has been stingy with it's summer temperatures, but I am longing for the fall to get here!
Don't get me wrong, I love summer. I love the beach, I go most days of the week. I love barbequing, I love parties, I love camping, I love summer dresses and bikinis, I love it all.
But there is something about the fall that makes me ache. I can't shake the desire for crisp autumn weather. Even in the best part of the summer, the warm golden days that last forever, I have a tiny voice in my mind reminding me of autumn.
I love back-to-school displays at the store, I love sweaters and hats and boots. I love blankets and heaters and warm cozy mornings sipping coffee. I love my birthday and I love the togetherness of Thanksgiving.
Mostly I love the memories of neighborhood walks with Brett. Ever since we've lived here we have taken long walks and the season that sticks out in my mind is fall. We walk through neighborhoods and dream. We hold hands and admire landscapes. We breathe in the sharp cool air and marvel at the changing leaves (although San Diego has about three leaves that change color each year!). We laugh and kiss and enjoy each other. He walks with me because he knows it makes me happy. I walk with him because he is my heart, my favorite, my rock.
Each time the seasons change they symbolize more togetherness.
We go on.
I love him, I love him, I love him.



What about you? What is your favorite season and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment