Pages

Monday

I haven't posted in a while because I can't think of anything to post.
I don't want to pour my guts out to (almost) silence like this post. Not that I post for comments (obviously, or I would have quit long ago) but when someone is honest and writing of things that were damaging to them it's nice to have support. Isn't that what the blogging community is all about? Support?

Lately I've been trying to disconnect from the internet more.
I have noticed that I'm constantly checking Facebook on my phone so I deleted it from my phone. It used to be that I would get so many notifications throughout the day so I'd be glued to my phone and away from Neely, if only momentarily. I hated that. So I deleted it and I only check it on my computer.
I want to be in the moment more and not take anything for granted. Life is so short and you don't know how many precious moments you'll be given with your child. (this moment brought to you by this movie.)
I was at the park the other day with Neely and I saw a mom with her iPad and iPhone. Her daughter ran up to her, said something excitedly, and the mom did not look up from her technology for a good 10 seconds after she spoke. I thought it was pretty ridiculous.
I long and ache for the days when it was normal for moms to stay at home, normal for girls to want to grow up and be moms, no technology and tons of family time. I wish I lived in the 40's. I guess I just wasn't made for these times. I have felt this way for as long as I can remember. I want to elaborate but it'll be at a later date.
I think I've blogged about this song before, but...it physically hurts me because I love it so much. I listen to it and dream about living when Helen Forrest was on the radio. I recently joined Spotify so that I could make a giant 40's music playlist. It's amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment