Pages

Time For An Update

I can't believe it's been over two months since I last posted.
There have been many fun things in my life since then, but since I'm exhausted I will stick to a pregnancy update. Sorry for the longer negative section, it's been rough lately.

THE GOOD
I am now over 28 weeks pregnant which is official third trimester status! I can't tell you how happy that makes me! Not just because the end is near but because it means Mabel is growing stronger every day and moving around a lot more! I love to feel my girl kicking and flipping around!

She is growing right on track and at each appointment I get to hear her strong heartbeat. I love that sound!

My weight gain is right on track as well...at this point it's supposed to be a pound a week and I'm sticking to that. I don't weigh myself at home because the battery died on my ultra old scale so we threw it away and I couldn't decide on a new one. (any recommendations?)


THE NOT SO GOOD
Did I ever mention we were in a car accident in April? Someone totaled our car.
Since that day I have been in constant pain. No exaggeration when I say constant.
Every step I take causes shooting pain in my back.
And for the past three weeks my pubic bones have made it so that I can't walk around the block...it hurts bad to even grocery shop. I can't exercise (which is the most frustrating part), I can't take my daughter to the zoo.
Needless to say, I am pretty miserable.

I failed the one hour glucose test and took the three hour.
The same thing happened with my Neely pregnancy but I had forgotten how horrible the 3 hour is!
For starters, it's painfully boring. B O R I N G. I had brought a book but it didn't help.
During the first hour after drinking that icky juice I had to concentrate on not throwing up in the waiting room. I couldn't even read I was so nauseous! Luckily the lady let me lay on an examination table for the next two hours...score!

Today I received a call that my numbers were high and I have gestational diabetes. After I got off of the phone I cried and cried. I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of life and things could be worse, but I've felt so much pain for so many months this has really overwhelmed me. I just think, "Wow...another thing that sucks."

SO.
I need to eucharisteo my mind out of this spiral because what else can I do?
I've been shoving down these negative feelings for a while and I really just need to get them the heck out of my brain.
I know the enemy just loooooves it when I am low, especially when I let it steal my joy. And really, my true joy can't be stolen, it just gets misplaced from time to time.

I will commit to finishing my 1,000 gifts before the end of August. I'm up to 960-something so it should be fairly easy.
I need to not let the constant exhaustion weigh me down.
I need to not let the constant physical pain weigh me down.

I will be holding my sweet baby girl within 2.5 months and that is enough to get me through.