Pages

The Plague

So remember how in this post I mentioned that Neely had a fever but was better?
W R O N G!!!
Her fever was caused by The Plague!
Well, not really, but it looked like The Plague!
Somehow Neely got the dreaded Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease! It started with a sore on her butt which I figured was caused by her fever. The next day she developed sores on her hands, feet and, you guessed it, mouth. It turns out that her fever was caused by HFMD. Just in case you haven't been graced with its presence, there is nothing a doctor can do about it, you just have to ride it out.
So anyway. Yes. She developed sores. And when I say sores, I mean it in all its implied grossidity. (I know that's not a word, but you know what I mean!) They were red and some of them were red with white tips. Kind of like zits. Gross.
Luckily she didn't seem to be in any pain from them...we just quarantined her to our house.
and to Target where she touched many many things but don't tell anyone.
You're supposed to steer clear of the infected person's sores but honestly? Can you resist your sweet sick baby gazing into your eyes, kissing your mouth then stroking your face? I can't. Usually adults don't get it so I probably have nothing to worry about. But even if I did get it, it's a small price to pay for kissing my Treasure.
She was sore-ridden for a few days but she had a great attitude.
Today she was much much better, thank God.
Tomorrow it seems like she'll be safe to go into public again! Hurray!

We survived!

Also this past weekend my best friend came to town to get her hair done and to celebrate my birthday early since she'll be in New York in a couple weeks (lucky!)!
She treated me to lunch and to my first pedicure in a year.
I know this is such an obnoxious first world problem, but something is wrong when Sarah goes an entire year without one pedicure. I mean, I am my mother's daughter! This is not right!
It was so perfect to spend time with Lulu. She's so loving and generous. And Neely adores her.
So yay for pedis and here's hoping it's not another year until I get another one!

Anything interesting happen in your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment